More than 6,200 students live in UNT’s 13 residence halls.

Each hall has its own personality.

Most residence halls include UNT’s REAL (Residents Engaged in Academic Living) communities that bring students together who share the same major or interest. Check out UNT’s REAL communities.

Hall rates including meal plan options

Housing Rates

All freshmen are required to have a meal plan, regardless of their hall choice. Upper class students may choose not to have a meal plan if their hall offers that option. You can pay for the entire year up front, the entire semester up front or make four payments during the semester.

(Room rate changes may result in a difference in your payment amounts.)

Residence halls fill up quickly so apply for housing as soon as you decide to attend UNT. You may apply for housing at the same time you apply for admission to UNT and you are eligible for a full refund if you are not accepted to UNT.

Steps to reserve a UNT residence hall room:

  1. Apply online as soon as you decide to attend UNT and fill out the application completely
  2. Submit your prepayment ($400)
  3. Learn about UNT’s Dining Halls
  4. If you plan to bring your car to campus, purchase a parking permit
  5. Move in during Mean Green Move-In, Aug. 24.

Who to call if you have a housing-related problem:

  • Resident Assistant—part time, live-in staff member responsible for a specific residence hall wing. Your RA can help you transition to college life, help with roommate conflicts, and provide general information.
  • Desk Clerk—full time, administrative staff member who works at the front desk of a residence hall. The desk clerk is the go-to person for maintenance problems, room change questions, and general information. Most residence halls have 24-hour desk coverage.
  • Hall Director—full time, professional staff member in charge of a specific residence hall. Hall directors and/or assistant hall directors can handle most issues, and should be contacted if the desk clerk or RA is unable to help. They are trained as academic advisers and can assist students until they meet with their regular academic adviser.
  • Assignments Coordinator—full time administrative staff member who works in Housing’s Assignments and Collections office in Crumley Hall. Seek out an assignments coordinator for questions about room/roommate assignments or for an extension or payment plan.

Housing contact information

Phone: (940) 565-2610
Fax: (940) 369-8764

1155 Union Circle #311310
Denton, TX 76203